Welcome to the Security Agents Institute of WA
Security Testing Centre
Competency Testing for Security Officers and Crowd Controllers
- WA Police Licencing have introduced a new requirement for anyone applying for a Security Officer or Crowd Controllers Licence to undertake a written examination.
- This new requirement is now part Regulation 17 of the Security and Related Activities (Control) Regulations 1997 – You can view both the current ACT and Regulations here
What’s the new process to apply for a licence?
- Complete a Certificate II in Security Operations with an Approved RTO
- Complete the new Competency Test with an Approved Provider
- Apply for a licence from WA Police
Background – Why is this new requirement necessary?
- Licencing Officers at the front counter had concerns that some applicants did not seem to have the necessary English language skills to successfully work in the industry.
- WA Police were consistently approached by Industry representatives with concerns that new staff did not have the basic knowledge they require despite having completed their Certificate II in Security Operations.
- This process will give WA Police and Industry confidence that new entrants have the required knowledge and skills to successfully work in the industry.
- There is currently one provider for the testing process:
Security Agents Institute of WA
36 Brisbane Street
East Perth WA 6000
Monday – Friday (except public holidays)
8:45AM to 4:30PM
Competency Testing Hours:
By Appointment Only
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
9:00AM to 3:45PM
- The testing process will commence on February 1st 2017
- All applicants applying for Security Officer or Crowd Controller licences for the first time or whose licence expired more than 12 months ago are required to pass the competency test