Competency Testing for Security Officers and Crowd Controllers
Please note that you will be sitting the Security Competency Test to demonstrate competency prior to applying for a Security License.
You should be aware of the minimum Training Qualifications required for you to apply for a license, if you have not completed the minimum training qualifications as required you will not be able to apply for a Licence. Please refer to Minimum Training Qualifications.
Exam Requirements – What will the test look like
Number of Questions
The examination will consist of two parts:
- 20 Multiple Choice Questions
- 10 Short Written Answer Questions
- Participants must successfully complete Section 1 in order to take part in Section 2
- Participants will be provided with their results, however, will not be informed which questions were incorrect
- The pass mark for each section will be set at:
- Multiple Choice Section – 17/20
- Short Written Answer Section – 8/10
- Participants will be given a maximum of 45 minutes to complete the assessment.
- Participants that do not complete the full assessment within the 45 minute timeframe are still eligible to pass as all completed questions will be marked.
Number of Attempts
- If a participant fails to pass Section 1 of the test, they are able to have another attempt at the full assessment after a minimum of 24 hours. This is included in their initial fee.
- If a participant successfully completes Section 1 of the test but fails to pass Section 2, they are able to have another attempt at Section 2 only after a minimum of 24 hours. This is included in their initial fee.
- If a participant fails either Section 1 or 2 of the test after two attempts, they must wait 1 month to attempt the test again. They will be required to pay the assessment fee again and will have to undertake both Section 1 & 2 regardless of their previous results.